All of us would want to be aware of the basics of healthy eating and healthy choices have to be made in leading a good lifestyle. An essential tip for a healthy diet is consumption of right amount of calories as it depends upon how active you are since it balances out the energy levels. If you eat more than what is required you might put extra weight. This same logic applies to train food parcel as when you are travelling you should eat what is right and easy for you to digest. Just follow the below mentioned tips and keep a tab on your weight
- Evolve your meals on the basis of starchy carbohydrates. Ensure they compose only a small portion of your diet that you are planning to eat. Examples of such foods are rice, cereals, pasta and potatoes. Do ensure consumption of more varieties of food grain and in order to make you fuller potatoes have to be consumed with their skin on
- Ensure you have a variety of vegetables along with fruits. An essential tip would be to consume around 5 portions of fruit along with vegetables on a daily basis. This works out to be actually simple as it sounds. Just focus on the five portions and you can see the difference by yourself.
- Eating fish that involves an oily fish portion- Fish works out to be a vital source of proteins, minerals and vitamins. You have to focus on eating one portion of oily fish and a couple of portions of fish every week that would prevent occurrence of heart disease.
- Reduce the intake of saturated fat and sugar- at every point all of us need fat in our diet, but it is really important to keep an eye on the type of fat you are consuming. Basically there are a couple of fats that are saturated and unsaturated fat. For average women they should not consume more than 20 gram of saturated fat in their diet and the kid’s needs to have less of them. On the other hand consumption of drinks rich in sugar increases the possibility of obesity and tooth decay. So the message is to cut down on sugary drinks, beverages as far as possible.
- Consumption of salt- Too less or too much of anything is bad. The same logic applies in case of salt. When you consume too much of salt it increases your blood pressure. For people who are suffering from high blood pressure there is a possibility of heart disease and even stroke.
- Do not be thirsty- during the train journey there exists a possibility where you might be thirsty. It is advisable that you drink around 6 to 8 glasses of water so that you are hydrated. Water along with low fat milk is the options you can rely on.
Last but not the least you have to make proper healthy choices. A lot has got to do with the kind of lifestyle you lead. Eating a balanced diet is one of the ways to go.